- Type: One man attack, all-weather, space combat mecha with external weapons and armor package; three-form Veritech (limited to Battloid mode). Note: specifications are for a NB-1 package as installed on a VA-5C.
- Design: Maxwell Dynamics
- Builders: Maxwell Dynamics, Space Station Equality production line
- Unit Cost: $19 Million (In 2070 adjusted International Credits; pack only)
- Number Produced: 206 (pack only)
- UEEF Marine Corps (MC) from 20361 until 2040
- Total Depth: 6.7 meters
- Total Height: 13.5 meters
- Total Breadth: 6.6 meters
- Total Dry Weight: 34 metric tons
- Max running speed: 81 kph
- Typical delta-V (space): 10 kps, 13.5 w/ bomb-bay reaction-mass tank
- Protoculture supply: 220 hours operational use
- Design G limits: 11.5/-6.0 (Computer overrides at 10.5g)
- Total Dry Weight: 34,000 kg
- Gross Weight: 42,510 kg – with pilot (100 kg), reaction-mass (6624 kg), and 62 Hammerhead missiles (1798 kg)
- 2 x Pratt & Whitney JG95M fusion plasma-air/reaction mass intermix turbines. Max thrust, 137 kN each. One in each leg.
- 6 x Turbo-Union ATF 401 fusion plasma-air/reaction mass intermix ramjets. Standard thrust 46.9 kN each; max thrust of 91.1 kN each for short periods. Two are mounted on the upper rear (jet mode only), two are flanking the JG95 engine in each leg, and three are mounted as VTOL thrusters on the lower fuselage.
- 2 x Pratt & Whitney FE-98B first-stage intake fans, providing pressurized airflow to main, auxiliary, and VTOL engines.
- Assorted small reaction thrusters and gyroscopes for all-environment maneuvers, attitude adjustment, and stability.
- 3 x RRG PSE7C reaction engines in back mounted pods are rated to 56 kN each.
- RRG RRL-2P Miniaturized Protoculture-cell energizer
- Protoculture Cell Capacity: 32 Standard Canisters of Protoculture (excluding dedicated cannisters for energy weapons)
- 3820 liter internal D2O reactant for fusion engines
- 1 x 2000 liter internal reaction-mass tank
- 2400 liter internal D2O reactant for the NB-1’s PSE7C reaction engines
- Phillips AllView V1.2 (AAQ-50/2) multi-band (IR, visual, UV) digital camera system.
- Thomson LT-5 multi-frequency laser ranger and designator.
Tactical Electronic Warfare System (TEWS):
- Elettronica Radar Warning Receiver (RWR)
- OlDelft Infra-red Warning Receiver (IRWR)
- Westinghouse ALQ-250(V) active sensor jammer
- Chaff and flare dispenser
- 2 x General Electric EU-35 114 MW triple-barreled Pulse Beam Cannons.
- 32 x Hughes ATM-04 Hammerhead short range multi-purpose missiles (the missiles are mounted in containers on both sides of the lower legs; 8 to each container).
- 30 x Hughes ATM-04 Hammerhead short range multi-purpose missiles (the missiles are located in three optional launchers, each containing 10, mounted on the upper back above the engine pods).
Internal weapons bay:
- 1 x 2000 liter internal reaction-mass tank
- Wing and engine nacelle hardpoints are not accessible with NB-1 package installed. Additionally, no gun pod may be carried with the NB-1 Armor Package installed.
Type: Low-mass composite Chobham plate
- Small-arms: Stops all
- Heavy infantry weapons: Stops all
- Light mecha mounted weapons: Stops all
- Medium mecha mounted weapons: Good resistance
- Heavy mecha mounted weapons: Poor resistance
- NBC protection: Full
Note: Small-arms generally include any and all rifle caliber munitions, up to 10x50mm (such as 7.62mm NATO); heavy infantry weapons range from 10x50mm to 15x100mm (such as .50 Call BMG); light mecha mounted weapons range from 15x100mm to 30mm (such as 22.3mm Zentraedi autocannon); medium mecha mounted weapons range from 30mm to 75mm (such as the GU-11’s 55mm autocannon); heavy mecha mounted weaponry is generally considered to be anything over 75mm (such as the VHT-1 hover tank’s 105mm main gun).
Robotech (R) is the property of Harmony Gold. Genesis Climber MOSPEADA (R) is the property of Fuji Television, Artmic Studio and Tatsunoko Production. This document is in no way intended to infringe upon their rights.
Original artwork by: Tim Wing (Fighter Mode) and Yoshitaka Amano, Shinji Aramaki and Hideki Kakinuma. (Battloid Mode)
Acknowledgement is extended to Peter Walker, Pieter Thomassen and Robert Morgenstern of the unofficial Robotech Reference Guide. Peter Walker, Pieter Thomassen and Robert Morgenstern are given credit for all quotes and paraphrasing of the unofficial Robotech Reference Guide that has been utilized on Robotech Illustrated.
Content by: Tim Wing, with Pieter Thomassen, Peter Walker and Rob Morgenstern
Thomassen, Pieter; Walker, Peter; Morgenstern, Rob. “unofficial Robotech Reference Guide, Veritechs, VF-5 (A, B, C, T) Condor Veritech Fighter-Bomber” Last modified January 19, 2012. http://www.robotech-reference-guide.org/Veritech/Condor.html
Jackson, Irvin. Robotech the Expeditionary Force Marines Source Book. Chicago: Palladium Books, 2015.
Copyright © 2021 Tim Wing