Type: One man attack, all-weather, aerospace combat mecha with external atmospheric descent armor package; three-form Veritech (limited to Battloid mode).
Note: specifications are for a DA-1 package as installed on a VA-5C.
Design: Maxwell Dynamics
Service History: UEEF Marine Corps from 2031 until 2040
- Total Depth: 6.9 meters
- Total Height: 13.6 meters
- Total Breadth: 6.3 meters
- Total Dry Weight: 31.2 metric tons
- Max running speed: 89 kph
- Max level speed at all altitudes: 295 kph
- Max flying speed at sea level: 295 kph
- Service ceiling: 2,000 meters
- Max loiter time: 12 minutes
- Typical delta-V (space): 6.7 kps, 10.2 w/ bomb-bay reaction-mass tank
- Protoculture supply: 220 hours operational use
- Design G limits: 11.5/-6.0 (Computer overrides at 10.5g)
- Total Dry Weight: 31,200 kg
- Gross Weight: 37,540 kg – with pilot (100 kg), reaction-mass (4224 kg), 32 Hammerhead missiles (928 kg) and gun pod (1100 kg)
- 2 x Pratt & Whitney JG95M fusion plasma-air/reaction mass intermix turbines. Max thrust, 137 kN each. One in each leg.
- 9 x Turbo-Union ATF 401 fusion plasma-air/reaction mass intermix ramjets. Standard thrust 46.9 kN each; max thrust of 91.1 kN each for short periods. Two are mounted on the upper rear (jet mode only), two are flanking the JG95 engine in each leg, and three are mounted as VTOL thrusters on the lower fuselage.
- 2 x Pratt & Whitney FE-98B first-stage intake fans, providing pressurized airflow to main, auxiliary, and VTOL engines.
- Assorted small reaction thrusters and gyroscopes for all-environment maneuvers, attitude adjustment, and stability.
- 2 x RRG PSE7C reaction engines in each pod are rated to 56 kN each, but can only be fired for 4 minutes before fuel burnout.
- RRG RRL-2P Miniaturized Protoculture-cell energizer
- Protoculture Cell Capacity: 32 Standard Canisters of Protoculture (excluding dedicated cannisters for energy weapons)
- 3820 liter internal D2O reactant for fusion engines
- 2 x 700 liter external drop tanks for 1400 liters of D2O reactant total
- 1 x 2000 liter internal reaction-mass tank
- 990 liter internal D2O reactant for the DA-1’s PSE7C reaction engines
- Hughes APG-111 X-band spherical pulse-Doppler radar.
- Phillips AllView multi-band (IR, visual, UV) digital camera system.
- Thomson LT-5 multi-frequency laser ranger and designator.
Tactical Electronic Warfare System (TEWS):
- Elettronica Radar Warning Receiver (RWR)
- OlDelft Infra-red Warning Receiver (IRWR)
- Westinghouse ALQ-250(V) active sensor jammer
- Chaff and flare dispenser
- 32 x Hughes ATM-04 Hammerhead short range multi-purpose missiles (the missiles are mounted in containers on both sides of the lower legs; 8 to each container).
Internal weapons bay:
- 1 x 2000 liter internal reaction-mass tank
- 1 x Hughes EP-12 three-barrelled 80mm charged particle-beam gun pod (carried in right hand while in Battloid and GERWALK modes, mounted on the dorsal hardpoint while in Fighter mode).
External Hardpoints: Wing and engine nacelle hardpoints are not accessible with DA-1 package installed.
Type: Low-mass composite Chobham plate
- Small-arms: Stops all
- Heavy infantry weapons: Stops all
- Light mecha mounted weapons: Stops all
- Medium mecha mounted weapons: Fair to good resistance
- Heavy mecha mounted weapons: No resistance
- NBC protection: Full
Note: Small-arms generally include any and all rifle caliber munitions, up to 10x50mm (such as 7.62mm NATO); heavy infantry weapons range from 10x50mm to 15x100mm (such as .50 Call BMG); light mecha mounted weapons range from 15x100mm to 30mm (such as 22.3mm Zentraedi autocannon); medium mecha mounted weapons range from 30mm to 75mm (such as the GU-11’s 55mm autocannon); heavy mecha mounted weaponry is generally considered to be anything over 75mm (such as the VHT-1 hover tank’s 105mm main gun).
Robotech (R) is the property of Harmony Gold. Genesis Climber MOSPEADA (R) is the property of Fuji Television, Artmic Studio and Tatsunoko Production. This document is in no way intended to infringe upon their rights.
Original artwork by: Tim Wing (Fighter Mode) and Yoshitaka Amano, Shinji Aramaki and Hideki Kakinuma. (Battloid Mode)
Acknowledgement is extended to Peter Walker, Pieter Thomassen and Robert Morgenstern of the unofficial Robotech Reference Guide. Peter Walker, Pieter Thomassen and Robert Morgenstern are given credit for all quotes and paraphrasing of the unofficial Robotech Reference Guide that has been utilized on Robotech Illustrated.
Content by: Tim Wing, with Pieter Thomassen, Peter Walker and Rob Morgenstern
Thomassen, Pieter; Walker, Peter; Morgenstern, Rob. “unofficial Robotech Reference Guide, Veritechs, VF-5 (A, B, C, T) Condor Veritech Fighter-Bomber” Last modified January 19, 2012. http://www.robotech-reference-guide.org/Veritech/Condor.html
Jackson, Irvin. Robotech the Expeditionary Force Marines Source Book. Chicago: Palladium Books, 2015.
Copyright © 2021 Tim Wing