Sturm, Ruger & Co. M1993 .38 Special (9×29.5mmR) and .357 Magnum (9×33mmR) Service Revolver
by Tim Wing
The M1993 service revolver was first introduced as the Sparrow Hawk in 1993. The revolver was later adopted by the UN Spacy as the M1993 Service Revolver. Though originally adopted as a special purpose sidearm for the UN Spacy Pistol Shooting Team, the Ruger Sparrow Hawk was procured in the largest numbers as the two inch barreled M1993A1 Survival Pistol. This pistol was issued to Veritech Pilots and other air crewmen starting in 2008. It continued to serve in this capacity all the way through till the Invid Invasion. The irony that the pilots of aircraft packed with advance alien technology carried a old fashioned wheel gun as their last line of defense was lost on very few people.
- Type: double action revolver
- Place of origin: United States
- Service history: 1993-2031
- Used by: UN Spacy, UEDF, various militaries and police departments
- Manufacturer: Sturm, Ruger & Co.
- Produced: 1993-2011
- Number built: 26,000+
- Cartridge: .38 Special (9×29.5mmR) and .357 Magnum (9×33mmR)
- Effective firing range: 75 m (M1993) 25 m (M1993A1)
- Capacity: 6 rounds
Robotech (R) is the property of Harmony Gold. This document is in no way intended to infringe upon their rights.
Original artwork by: Tim Wing
Content by Tim Wing
Copyright © 2017 Tim Wing