by Pieter Thomassen, with Peter Walker and Robert Morgenstern
edited by Tim Wing
Designation: Robotech Research Group (RRG) RMS-2 Angel of Death long range air launched anti-ship/anti-surface torpedo
- Type: Long range air launched anti-ship/anti-surface torpedo.
- Service history: 2013-2017, UN Spacy; 2018-2031, UEDF; 2023-present, UEEF.
- Length: 310 cm.
- Diameter: 53.3 cm.
- Wingspan: none.
- Weight: 510 kg.
- Warhead: W-154 nuclear reaction warhead.
- Weight/yield: Selectable from 25 kT to 100 kT.
- Propulsion: Hybrid rocket engine.
- Guidance: Multi spectrum passive/active sensors with permissive action link (PAL).
- Max speed: Mach 4.0.
- Range: 293 km or 5 kps delta-v.
- VF-1 Valkyrie Veritech Fighter
- VF-4 Lightning III Veritech Fleet Defense Fighter
- VF/B-9 Beta Veritech Fighter-Bomber
- FA-101 Vulture Fighter Aerospacecraft
- FA-112 Chimera Escort Fighter Aerospacecraft
- SFA-5 Conbat Heavy Ordnance Strike Fighter Aerospacecraft
This is an improved version of the RMS-1 missile with longer range, an improved warhead, more intelligent AI guidance and a more flexible propulsion system. The external dimensions and interface software remained unchanged from the older missile, and it can therefore be simply retrofitted to older mecha such as the VF-1 Valkyrie. From 2014 onward this missile replaced the RMS-1 on the production lines on Earth and with the REF/UEEF. It is still in production today.
Robotech (R) is the property of Harmony Gold. The Super Dimension Fortress Macross (R) is the properties of Big West Advertising and Studio Nue. This document is in no way intended to infringe upon their rights.
Original artwork by: Shoji Kawamori, Miyatake Kazutaka, Haruhiko Mikimoto and Hidetaka Tenjin
Acknowledgement is extended to the work of Egan Loo and the Macross Compendium. Egan Loo is given all credit for all quotes and paraphrasing of the Macross Compendium that has been utilized in this publication.
Acknowledgement is extended to Peter Walker, Pieter Thomassen and Robert Morgenstern of the unofficial Robotech Reference Guide. Peter Walker, Pieter Thomassen and Robert Morgenstern are given credit for all quotes and paraphrasing of the unofficial Robotech Reference Guide that has been utilized in this publication.
Images from – Macross Perfect Memory (1983)
Content by Pieter Thomassen, with Peter Walker and Rob Morgenstern, edited by Tim Wing
Copyright © 2001, 1997 Robert Morgenstern, Pieter Thomassen, Peter Walker; 2016 Tim Wing