by Peter Walker and Pieter Thomassen
edited by Tim Wing
- Gimi Kur’trama reference file
- Gimi Kur’trama gallery
Designation: Gimi Kur’trama Salvage and Repair Spacecraft
- Length: 13.2 meters (w/o arms, legs extended), 36.9 meters (legs back)
- Width: 11.2 meters
- Height: 10.5 meters, 23.7 meters (legs extended)
- Weight: 59.8 metric tons
- One man retrieval/recovery vehicle.
- One primary reaction thruster to aft, output 200 kN total
- Two secondary reaction thrusters to aft capable of rotating 90 degrees to provide vertical thrust, output 75 kN total
- Miscellaneous attitude control thrusters
- Fuel: multiple protoculture canisters
- Speed: 1420 kph (at 12000 meters)
- Combat radius: delta-v of 1.5 kps on its reaction mass alone.
- Protoculture supply: average operational life 45 days continuous use
V. Sensory Systems:
- Medium range spherical radar system
- Short range imaging radar system
- Thermo-imaging and low-light optics
- Radiation sensors
- Low power broadband sensor jammer.
- Two 3-fingered arms for heavy manipulation
- Two 2-fingered retractable light-weight arms
Full nuclear, biological and chemical protection, immunity from hand fired solids and energy beams, shrapnel and other fragments. Very limited protection from heavier weaponry, adequate only up to 23mm autocannon shells and other comparative weapons.
The recovery pod was used by the Zentraedi forces for space-based retrieval operations and exterior maintenance of warships (such as was conducted). Relatively few of this mecha were built, relative to other Zentraedi mecha.
Robotech (R) is the property of Harmony Gold. The Super Dimension Fortress Macross (R) is the properties of Big West Advertising and Studio Nue. This document is in no way intended to infringe upon their rights.
Original artwork by: Shoji Kawamori, Miyatake Kazutaka, Haruhiko Mikimoto and Hidetaka Tenjin
Acknowledgement is extended to the work of Egan Loo and the Macross Compendium. Egan Loo is given all credit for all quotes and paraphrasing of the Macross Compendium that has been utilized in this publication.
Acknowledgement is extended to Peter Walker, Pieter Thomassen and Robert Morgenstern of the unofficial Robotech Reference Guide. Peter Walker, Pieter Thomassen and Robert Morgenstern are given credit for all quotes and paraphrasing of the unofficial Robotech Reference Guide that has been utilized in this publication.
Images from – Macross Perfect Memory (1983)
Content by Robert Morgenstern, Peter Walker, and Pieter Thomassen; edited byTim Wing
Copyright © 1999, 1997 Robert Morgenstern, Pieter Thomassen, Peter Walker; 2015 Tim Wing