- Return to Main Index
- Return to VF-1 Valkyrie Veritech Fighter technical file
VF-1 Valkyrie Veritech fighter 3MCCS-2 cockpit in fighter mode.
Cutaways, top and bottom, showing crew location while in fighter mode.
VF-1 Valkyrie Veritech fighter 3MCCS-2 cockpit in Battloid mode.
Pilot egress while in Battloid mode is demonstrated here by a Block 12 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie.
3MCCS-2 cockpit displays and controls.
Heads-up Display (HUD). The 3MCCS-2 cockpit display system introduced a full canopy HUD. Interestingly, this was a feature that did not appear on another Veritech until the VF-13 Gamma.
The 3MCCS-2 cockpit also introduced a unified control interface, which allowed the stick and throttle to serve as the arm controls while in Battloid.
Martin and Baker Mk. 9 ejection seat.
The Block 6 Valkyrie introduced the much improved M&B Mk. 9 ejection seat. This seat had Vernier thrusters and controls allowing it to self recover after an ejection in space. It also featured a more ergonomic design and a more reclined seating position.
Side by side comparison of the Mk. 7 and Mk. 9 ejection seat.
VT-1 Ostrich Vertiech advance trainer cockpit in fighter mode.
3MCCS-2 cockpit diagram.
- Rear view monitor.
- Multi function display (MFD) control push buttons.
- Primary MFD.
- Master Caution light.
- Communication Control System (CCS) input keypad.
- Mode selector.
- Mode G/B balance trim.
- Weapons system control panel.
- Secondary MFD.
- Flight systems control panel for landing gear, arrestor hook, Loran, etc.
- FAST Pack sub-system control panel.
- Emergency system control panel.
- Self diagnostic tool set (SDTS) control toggle.
- CCS main panel.
- Audio/data jack.
- Right multi-function control stick.
- Protoculture cell-energizer and fusion turbine control panel.
- Protoculture cell-energizer and fusion turbine secondary emergency display.
- Left multi-function control stick.
Robotech (R) is the property of Harmony Gold. The Super Dimension Fortress Macross (R) is the properties of Big West Advertising and Studio Nue. This document is in no way intended to infringe upon their rights.
Original artwork by: Shoji Kawamori, Miyatake Kazutaka, Haruhiko Mikimoto and Hidetaka Tenjin
Images From – Macross Perfect Memory and other macross books, Variable Fighter Master File VF-1 Valkyrie, Macross Mecha Manual
Content by Tim Wing
Copyright © 2015 Tim Wing