Vickers Chrysler LDR-04-Mk.XVI Maverick Long Range Air Defense Robot
by Tim Wing
The LDR-04 Mk. XVI Maverick was an anti-aircraft Destroid based on the original ADR-04 Mk. X Defender from the First Robotech War. The Maverick was designed as a lower cost air-defense system to replace the expensive and hard to maintain Defenders with their liquid cooled Rheinmetall Type PFG-966 78mm caseless autocannons. Instead of these guns, the Maverick used the tried but true 40mm Bofors and two triple racks of long range surface to air missiles. The electronics suite was upgraded with an excellent fire-support Artificle Intelligence and a GRU-53 radar unit. The Maverick stayed in service with the UEDF Tactical Corps almost till the 2nd Robotech War.
- Type: Air Defense Robot
- Manufacturer: Vickers-Chrysler Robotech Systems Inc.
- Primary users: UEDF Tactical Corps from 2020 till 2029
- Engine: Krauss-Maffei Wegmann GmbH MT1333 protoculture-cell energizer developing 3500 SHP
- Auxiliary Engine: GE EM165 hydrogen-fuel cell rated at 950 kW
- Armament: 1x Bofors 40mm Anti-aircraft Gun, 6x Long range surface to air missiles
- Radar: GRU-53 radar unit
- Height (overall): 10.7 meters
Robotech (R) is the property of Harmony Gold. The Super Dimension Fortress Macross (R) is the properties of Big West Advertising and Studio Nue. This document is in no way intended to infringe upon their rights.
Original artwork by: Shoji Kawamori, Miyatake Kazutaka, Haruhiko Mikimoto and Hidetaka Tenjin
Acknowledgement is extended to the work of Egan Loo and the Macross Compendium. Egan Loo is given all credit for all quotes and paraphrasing of the Macross Compendium that has been utilized in this publication.
Content by Tim Wing
Copyright © 2015 Tim Wing