by Rob Morgenstern, Peter Walker and Pieter Thomassen
edited by Tim Wing
- RC-4E Rabbit reference file
- RC-4E Rabbit gallery
Designation: Carter RC-4E Rabbit Light Recon and Transport Shuttle
- Length: 14 meters
- Width: 8.4 meters
- Height: 8.7 meters
- Weight: 12.3 metric tons.
- Two pilot space transport shuttle.
- Capable of carrying up to 4 passengers.
- 4 x Pratt & Whitney (P&W) LHP12 main thrusters aft
- 3 x P&W LHP12 thrusters downwards
- 6 x Nakajima NBS-1 high-thrust Vernier thrusters
- 2 x P&W LHP04 low-thrust Vernier thrusters
- Maximum generator endurance: 12 years
- Maximum Range (space): Delta-v limit of 2.5 kps.
- Ericsson AWG-25 I-band multi-mode pulse-Doppler/SLAR radar, providing very long-range detection and tracking of targets at all altitudes.
- Thomson DOS-2000 multi-band digital camera system, for medium range traversable UV, infra-red imaging and optical band detection and tracking;
Tactical Electronic Warfare System (TEWS):
- Elettronica Radar Warning Receiver (RWR)
- OlDelft Infra-red Warning Receiver (IRWR)
- Westinghouse ALQ-200(V) active radar jammer
- TRW COMINT Pulse Analyzer
- Chaff dispenser
- Multiple HF, VHF and UHF antennas.
Full nuclear and chemical protection, immunity from hand fired solids and energy beams, shrapnel and other fragments. Limited protection from heavier weaponry, adequate up to 20mm autocannon shells or equivalent.
The Rabbit reconnaissance shuttle was so named due to its agility and speed. Due to their small size and speed, these shuttles saw frequent use aboard Oberth-class destroyers to provide reconnaissance capabilities within deep space and within battle zones cluttered with potentially-deadly debris. They also provided passenger shuttling services for the destroyers, ARMD platforms and SDF-1.
Robotech (R) is the property of Harmony Gold. The Super Dimension Fortress Macross (R) is the properties of Big West Advertising and Studio Nue. This document is in no way intended to infringe upon their rights.
Original artwork by: Shoji Kawamori, Miyatake Kazutaka, Haruhiko Mikimoto and Hidetaka Tenjin
Acknowledgement is extended to the work of Egan Loo and the Macross Compendium. Egan Loo is given all credit for all quotes and paraphrasing of the Macross Compendium that has been utilized in this publication.
Acknowledgement is extended to Peter Walker, Pieter Thomassen and Robert Morgenstern of the unofficial Robotech Reference Guide. Peter Walker, Pieter Thomassen and Robert Morgenstern are given credit for all quotes and paraphrasing of the unofficial Robotech Reference Guide that has been utilized in this publication.
Content by Robert Morgenstern, with Pieter Thomassen and Peter Walker
Copyright © 1999, 1997, 1996 Robert Morgenstern, Pieter Thomassen, Peter Walker