CVR-1B w/ CVRH004 “Scoop”
CVR-1 Combat Veritech Ride-armor
by Tim Wing
The CVR-1 armor was developed in 2027 by the United Earth Expeditionary Force to be compatible with the VR-010 Cyclone MOSPEADA transformable combat motorcycle. This armor provides limited protection against (up to) .50 Caliber Browning AP, and good protection against small arms for (up to) 7.62mm and grenade and shell fragments.
- Environmental protection, maintaining life support in vacume or in a Nuclear, Biological or Chemical environment (NBC)
- Tempurature control up to 200 degrees Celcius
- Integrated Heads Up Display (HUD)
- Integrated short range radio with encryption
- Weight: 8.1 kg
- Life support: 24 hours in an NBC environment, oxygen for up to 4 hours
- CVR-1A: Early design distinguished by its heavier leg armor. This armor saw limited service until replaced by the CVR-1B style armor.
- CVR-1B: The most prolific version of the CVR-1 style armor. Served with the UEEF until the late thirties.
- CVR-1F: Female specific CVR-1 armor set.
- CVRH001: Helmet with armored chin piece and vison. No integrated HUD.
- CVRH002: Flight Helmet with integrated weapons cuing system (HUD) for use with Alpha and other aerospace fighters. Helmet is constructed from a semi-flexible Kevlar “hood”, rather than the standard hard shell used by the rest of the CVRH series.
- CVRH003: Advanced infantry helmet. Also known as the “Grunt”.
- CVRH004: Reconnaissance and Communications Helmet. Equipped with IR imaging,
telescopic magnification, combat data recorder and electromagnetic field detection. Also known as the “Scoop”.
- CVRH005: Commander’s helmet, with enhance data recording capabilities and long range encrypted radio set.
Robotech (R) is the property of Harmony Gold. Genesis Climber MOSPEADA (R) is the property of Fuji Television, Artmic Studio and Tatsunoko Production. This document is in no way intended to infringe upon their rights.
Original artwork by: Original Source Material by Yoshitaka Amano, Shinji Aramaki and Hideki Kakinuma, additional art from the 2nd Edition Robotech RPG by Daniel Dussault, Allen Manning, Brian Manning, Apollo Okamura, Benjamin Rodriguez, Kevin Siembieda, Charles Walton II and Michael Wilson.
Content by Tim Wing
Copyright © 2015 Tim Wing