by Tim Wing
ADR-10-MK XI Raider X
The Raider X has been de-canonized by Harmony Gold. Originally, this mecha was designed by Tatsunoko Production Company for Robotech II: The Sentinels. The Sentinels has since been dropped from the official canon. No written material exists concerning this mecha, apart from that in Robotech II: The Role Playing Game The Sentinels, by Kevin Siembieda. Original animation sheets exist in Robotech II: The Sentinels REF Field Guide, by Kevin Siembieda and one illustration in Robotech Art 3 the Sentinels, by Carl Macek.
- Customers: REF
- Anti-aircraft mecha designed to combat aircraft.
Sensors include a radar with 321 km range which could identify 300 targets and track 100 target simultaneously, a heat tracker, a motion sensor that could detect movement within a 180 meter radius and a radiation sensor with a 180 meter range.
Long range laser communications system, 1000 mile range.
Three utility arms were mounted above the radar. The arms extend out to a maximum of 7.9 meters.
- Crew: 1 or 2
- 2 x Tri-barrel Rapid Fire Laser Cannons with a 12.8 km range. Spot light mounted on each “arm”. Cannons had 360 degrees of elevation, 45 degrees of azimuth.
- 2 x GR-100 Mini-Missile Launchers. The missiles were short range and were arranged in a six pack configuration, with a total of 18 missiles per launcher.
- 1 x GRL Defense Laser. 61 meter range, used for self-defense and anti-personnel.
- Height: 7.6 meters
- Depth: 3.6 meters This does not fit with the scale of the animation sheet. The depth is about 28% of the robot’s height, so assuming the mecha is 7.6 meters tall, it’s depth would be 2.1 meters.
- Width: 4 meters
- Mass and Loadings
- Weight: 17 tons
- Maximum speed: 160 kph
- Walking speed: 80 kph
- Jumping distance: 24.4 meters
- Never seen in animated form.
- Designed by: Tatsunoko Production Company
- Robotech II: The Role Playing Game The Sentinels, by Kevin Siembieda
- Robotech II: The Sentinels REF Field Guide, by Kevin Siembieda
- Robotech Art 3 the Sentinels, by Carl Macek.
Robotech (R) is the property of Harmony Gold. This document is in no way intended to infringe upon their rights.
Original artwork by: Tatsunoko Production Co., Ltd. (Robotech II: The Sentinels)
Acknowledgement is extended to Peter Walker, Pieter Thomassen and Robert Morgenstern of the unofficial Robotech Reference Guide. Peter Walker, Pieter Thomassen and Robert Morgenstern are given credit for all quotes and paraphrasing of the unofficial Robotech Reference Guide that has been utilized on Robotech Illustrated.
Content by Pieter Thomassen and Peter Walker, edited by Tim Wing
Copyright © 1997, 1995 Robert Morgenstern, Pieter Thomassen, Peter Walker; 2015 Tim Wing