Mecha Journal Information Group (formerly known as Robotech Illustrated) is a Terran publication covering Robotech era military, aerospace and transportation topics. Mecha Journal first began publication in 2074, with former Robotech Reference Guide contributor Tim Wing as editor in chief. It is our mission to provide the highest quality open-source analysis and the most comprehensive database for the Robotech era.
Mecha Journal offers the following products:
- In depth analysis and information on current defense and security related topics involving Earth and her colonies, and the Tirolian Local Group.
- Historical articles, essays, and analysis of the Robotech Wars.
- Defense industry analysis covering manufacturers and military contractors from Earth, the Tirolian Republic, and Karbarra.
- Detailed databases of weapons systems and platforms from the
The Mecha Journal was produced with help from the following references:
- The unofficial Robotech Reference Guide 2066 edition, by Pieter Thomassen, Robert Morgenstern and Peter Walker
- The Macross Compendium by Egan Loo
- The Macross Mecha Manual by Chad Wilson (Marchly)
- Robotech Visions by User:Mechachap, Tom Bateman and Dennis Bateman
- The Robotech Wiki
- Jane’s All the Galaxy’s Fighting Ships, 2074 edition.
- Jane’s All the Galaxy’s Mecha, 2075 edition.
- Modern Small Arms and Armor, by Anthony Postert, New Monument Press, © 2052.
- UEEF Officer’s Manual, Military Publication Code 213/OM-46A, publication date, 2046.
- Declassified UN Spacy, UEDF and UEEF documents made available by the United Earth Government’s Public Transparency Act of 2051.
- Ancient Legacy: A History of Tirol, by Joy Roth, Cambridge University Press, © 2050.
- The Truth Behind Protoculture, by Peter Walker, North American University Press, © 2049, 2051.
- The gracious assistance of many veterans of the Robotech Wars, especially Captain Jeanette Austin, c.o. UES Henry Gloval; Representative Roger Pike (DRP-London), formerly of the 18th Alpha Tactical Armored Corps of the Southern Cross, and Regent Kharoth of the Invid Solugi Hegemony.
Robotech (R) is the property of Harmony Gold.
The Super Dimension Fortress Macross (R) is the properties of Big West Advertising and Studio Nue.
Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross (R) is the property of Big West Advertising, Tatsunoko Studio and Ammonite studio.
Megazone 23 (R) is the property of A.D. Vision and studios AIC, Artland & Tatsunoko.
Genesis Climber MOSPEADA (R) is the property of Fuji Television, Artmic Studio and Tatsunoko Production.
This document is in no way intended to infringe upon their rights.
Original artwork by:
(Macross) Shoji Kawamori, Miyatake Kazutaka, Haruhiko Mikimoto and Hidetaka Tenjin
(Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross) Kogawa Tomonori, Hiroyuki Kitazume, Miyo Sonoda, Hiroshi Ogawa, Hirotoshi Ohkura and Takashi Ono
(Megazone 23) Shinji Aramaki, Toshihiro Hirano, Haruhiko Mikimoto, Yasuomi Umetsu and Hiroyuki Kitazume
(Genesis Climber MOSPEADA) Yoshitaka Amano, Shinji Aramaki and Hideki Kakinuma
(2nd Edition Robotech RPG) Daniel Dussault, Allen Manning, Brian Manning, Apollo Okamura, Benjamin Rodriguez, Kevin Siembieda, Charles Walton II and Michael Wilson
Acknowledgement is extended to the work of Egan Loo and the Macross Compendium. Egan Loo is given all credit for all quotes and paraphrasing of the Macross Compendium that has been utilized in this publication.
Acknowledgement is extended to Peter Walker, Pieter Thomassen and Robert Morgenstern of the unofficial Robotech Reference Guide. Peter Walker, Pieter Thomassen and Robert Morgenstern are given credit for all quotes and paraphrasing of the unofficial Robotech Reference Guide that has been utilized in this publication.
Content by Tim Wing
Copyright © 2015 Tim Wing